The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Monday 20 April 2015

Rain stopped play - or not!

Well I didn't make it to the Cascade yesterday as the hike was called off due to an "80% chance of rain".  As it turns out, it didn't rain - well not at home anyway, although it may have rained nearer the waterfall.  Still, the weather can be so changeable in the mountains that it would have been foolhardy  to venture up there.

At least I now know the route that we would have taken so I will take a trip out there and have a go myself (hopefully soon).  The upcoming hikes are classed as "medium" to "difficult" so I will give them a miss for a while, until I get my Superwoman outfit repaired.  "Know your limits", is the expression I think.

I would like to lose between 10 and 15 kg, truth be told (22 - 33 lbs, according to Mr. Google).  Like many women, I carry more than one bag to work each day.  I have my regular handbag and then a rather lovely backpack that I bought in Marrakech where I keep books, shoes, make-up, lunch, umbrella etc.  A fairly typical woman's bag I suspect (ha, ha).  This morning, as I was getting my stuff ready to leave for work, just out of curiosity I weighed the two bags.  Not far off 8 kg!!!!  Crikey, that really does put things in perspective!!  If I would like to lose twice the weight of my bags it really brings home what I am lugging around on my body in excess blubber!

All the more motivation (I hope)!



No comments:

Post a Comment