The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Thursday 17 March 2016

Spring is sprung!

Or at least I hope so after yesterday's burst of snow. As predicted the snow didn't stick so that's was a relief. I notice from the bus that the magnolias haven't even begun to blossom yet, which is weird because in St. Lucia they had well and truly blossomed. I know it's not exactly the same climate but to me seeing the magnolias in bloom is always a sign of spring. And because I live at 800 m altitude the local magnolias, crocuses, daffs etc. are always that little bit later to bloom than they are here in Geneva.

As I didn't have any plans at lunchtime I thought I would take advantage of our lovely weather and just tootle over the road to the Botanic Gardens. I have to say we are extremely lucky to be located right on Lake Geneva and have the Botanic Gardens immediately opposite. The crocuses and daffs are on their way out and the tulips are trying their best to get in on the show, but aren't quite ready yet. Still it's a lovely spot to sit and read while enjoying this lovely spring weather. Bliss!


1 comment: