The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Negative!

It's two weeks today since I tested positive for covid so the kids and I did another test yesterday and we've all come back negative so that's good. We were told we only had to self-isolate for 10 days as long as we didn't have a temperature (I never did anyway) but since I had nowhere to be I decided to give it two full weeks and just stay home. That was probably a good idea because I have been pretty tired but feel I might be turning a corner on that too now! Funnily enough, right at the beginning of covid, my trainer at the gym was one of the first people I know to get it (March 2020) and when I saw him last I asked how it had been and he just said exhausted for two weeks. Now he's a youngster and extremely fit - everything I'm not - but I have to agree on the tiredness part. And, I lost my appetite (another common symptom apparently), although I've always drunk gallons so I wasn't too worried about that! One thing I am looking forward to though is going down to the lake at Passy (on my own) for a good walk to get rid of the cobwebs cluttering up my brain for the last couple of weeks!

That being said, we got our first snow dump on Monday - quite a lot of it in fact - so going anywhere didn't have much appeal anyway. And then 24 hours later all the excitement has calmed down and we can enjoy the snow and the bright sunshine once again. While I'm always more careful on the snow, I have to admit I just love this weather and will be glad to get back out and about again. I obviously don't do too well being cooped up!



22 comments:

  1. I'm glad your feeling better now and never got the truly awful impact. My sister's still feeling lousy. Enjoy your beautiful mountain view walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your sister feels better soon. It has been tiring but I'd say we all came through it very easily!

      Delete
  2. Glad you came through it relatively unscathed, and had a good stay-cation, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how tired I have been, to be fair, so it's just as well I had nowhere to be isn't it!

      Delete
  3. I am glad, you have all tested negative. The snow looks so pretty. Do you use walking poles on the snow? I promised myself to spend at least an hour outside every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have walking poles and usually forget them but I want to try to be more careful about that this winter. Silly not to, isn't it! And I also want to start getting back outside too as I realize how much I need it!

      Delete
  4. So, so glad that covid did not bother you very much. Now you are done and dusted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather glad it sneaked up on me, to be honest. I have kept my distance from most people for ages but obviously I was never going to win with the babe. And I'm thankful we've all been ok too! Fingers crossed for everyone else!

      Delete
  5. Covid is weird, it has so many different symptoms and effects everybody differently, and unfortunately, the anti-bodies only last for about 7 months. I don't doubt it is a world changing event that is effect evolution. As for the snow? Send some my way... in fact, you can send a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that it can affect people so very differently, obviously being worse for people who have specific comorbidites. However long my immunity/antibodies last I'll take it. As for the snow, I'm surprised you haven't gotten more already. I don't understand anything any more!

      Delete
  6. Glad you’re over Covid and now all of you have tested negative. Will be lovely getting out for nice walks now you’re feeling better and also seeing little Charlie again. Love the snow and it looks so beautiful where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It took longer to get over than I expected but we were so lucky to get such mild cases - and we know it!

      Delete
  7. Hope your recovery goes well. Keep an eye on your blood sugar, apparently diabetes post covid is on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning that. Although as far as I know I'm not diabetic (I have been tested in the past) I have thoughts about insulin resistance. I'm not in the medical field of course but I think it might be an issue - well that and the fact that I happily drink litres every day (water - or, yeah, white wine too sometimes)!

      Delete
  8. I think a toast is in order- Your Good Health..clink,clink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are doing better. Covid just sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Enjoy the rest of your time in Oregon!

      Delete
  10. Wow, I'm glad you had a relatively mild case of Covid. Hopefully it will give you some immunity. I never would have thought babies would pass it along! It's the gift that keeps giving and mutating isn't it! It's nice to be able to get out and walk in the snow, I hope you managed that. Take care! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I never thought I'd pick it up from Charlie either but then he's the only person I would ever get that close to. My nose is still bunged up so I'm not 100% yet but otherwise I feel fine.

      Delete
  11. I'm glad it was mild and you are feeling better! Did the triple jabbed neighbors get it mild or worse than you?? We are down to only 3 active cases in our county, so I'm not too worried about it, since I hardly go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really say how the neighbours have been. Their son is at university in Lyon and apparently he was ok. Mom had it worse I think and the daughter has just tested positive but I think they're doing ok. And your county seems to be doing a good job - it helps to live out in the country doesn't it!

      Delete