The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Thursday 1 September 2016

Just one more day!

Just one more day at work and then I'm off for two weeks! Yipee! Well actually I fly to London on Monday in order to catch a flight back to Greece very early Tuesday morning. It seems like madness I know but the tour company I use for these solos travels is UK-based so they have to fly out of the UK. Oh well, not to worry. When I fly in the winter I fly direct to Bournemouth so I get to see my family first (Easyjet only do direct Geneva-Bournemouth flights in the winter because of the skiing). In fact, by doing that I got to see my mom for the last time just a few weeks before she died so it was a definite plus, but otherwise it is quite a pain to have to fly west to the UK before flying east to my next destination, but hey, first world problems right?

This time I fly with a group (none of whom know each other BTW) from London to Mykonos, spend four nights on Mykonos and then over to Santorini for five nights. Then back to London, another night in a hotel in London (we get back too late to guarantee a connecting flight to Geneva) and back to Geneva the following day. I am really looking forward to it. I went to Crete many, many years ago and it was beautiful but I haven't been back to Greece since and I just know I will love it - the scenery, the food, the weather (although the weather is great here too). What's not to like?

I finally got round to going to the hairdresser on Tuesday. I haven't been in over a year as I have just been hacking bits off it myself when it got on my nerves. It tends to have a slight wave so (I delude myself) you really can't see what an amateur job I have been doing. It's hard to cut the back of course but then I really don't care what impression I make on people when I'm leaving anyway (that's also a good enough excuse to only polish the front of your shoes too)! But still, I have to say a professional cut is nice for a change. Just wish I had a bit of a tan but since I don't tolerate the sun I suppose that's not going to happen and I can't seem to get the hang of spray on stuff - it always looks a bit streaky and who in the world's palms of their hands are streaky anyway?

I'm not worried about "bikini waxes" and all that stuff 'cos I just don't go in for that. Yuck. I'm lucky that I'm not hairy anyway so just a disposable razor and I'm hot to trot. It's weird though, but since I have become, ahhm, of a certain age, I get just one bloody whisker on my chin occasionally. Just one! I mean who does that? So it is hardly a problem preparing for a holiday in that sense. When I die and I am in my coffin I must just get one of my boys to promise to get that whisker!  Not much to ask is it?

So I have tomorrow to get my work up-to-date, which shouldn't be that difficult, and then two weeks of bliss before the long hard slog up to the dreaded 'C' word!  I imagine internet connection won't be too bad so I will post when I can. If not, "see you" when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you have an amazing vacation!!! And take lots of pictures so I can see all the wonderful things that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonya Ann. It's a bit of a pain to have to fly back to the UK to fly out to Greece but I am looking forward to it. I always enjoy these "solos" holidays and Greece is beautiful. A

    ReplyDelete