The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Sunday 26 May 2024

Fiuminale!

So where was I? Oh I know, heading off to Corte the following day, although I'm not overly sure what the highlights of Corte were since my friend and I chose to wander off on our own again. It was quite high up so we took the little tourist train up there, but after that we just wandered!

I'd love an olive tree in my
garden, but although they sell them
here I'm not convinced they would
stand up to our weather!

Town centre - Corte!


After lunch we headed up to a small church where a two-man group called Fiuminale sang to us in the Corsican language (which sounds more like Italian than French to me). They specifically asked us not to film inside the church but rather to be present in the moment. The church was lovely and their voices amazing, so definitely a detour worth making!





After that we headed to Porto Vecchio where we had a wander round the town again, followed by another boat trip, before heading out to our final hotel of the trip!

Porto Vecchio!

My hotel room!

So that was about it for the next day. The weather was starting to turn slightly but it still more or less held out for the remainder of the trip. I'll probably try to write the rest up tomorrow but right now I'm delighted to be settling down to watch more episodes of season three of Clarkson's Farm! If it's anywhere near as good as the first two seasons I'll be well pleased. Jeremy Clarkson may be the "star" of the programme, but he's made stars out of some of the most unlikely locals too!



10 comments:

  1. A day spent wandering around and just taking everything in is my favorite thing to do. It looks like a gorgeous place. Thank you for mentioning Clarkson's Farm. I see it is on Prime and it sounds like something I would enjoy. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't seen seasons one and two of Clarkson's Farm you might enjoy those to set the scene. I love it. He is very irreverant and to my mind makes the whole thing so watchable!

      Delete
  2. It looks like so much fun. What is that big head? I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a sculpture outside the church. Not sure what it was but I realize I'm finding sculpture more and more interesting these days!

      Delete
  3. What a great and beautiful excursion. Of course, I love the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had tremendous atmosphere and while I didn't listen to an awful lot of the tours I really felt the whole place had spirit!

      Delete
  4. Have you stayed in touch with your tour friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went on this trip with my friend from work, but if you mean the lady in Thailand (the retired Welsh nurse), we've chatted back and forth a few times so we'll see if anything pans out from that!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh another beautiful day, living vicariously! The singing sounds amazing, and the comfy hotel room I am sure is so welcome at the end of a long day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little church was beautiful, but the men's voices were sublime indeed!

      Delete