The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Friday 20 May 2022

Yikes!

Jen asked me if I could look after Charlie pretty much all day today as she was having to do a split shift to cover for absences. No problem, of course, but getting up at 5.30 a.m. to get there for 7 a.m. was a bit of a shock to the system. Still he was as good as gold and when I sensed he was getting a bit tired, but still too early for a nap (in my opinion), we walked up to the farmers' market in their little town and then stopped off at the park for about 30 minutes afterwards. He loved it as there were loads of kids there today and he got to crawl over (not quite walking yet) to so many of his new best friends and "chat"! After that it was back home for his nap and it was only then that I got to check out what was going on on FB! Crikey, there was a massive explosion right next to Geneva airport today! First I heard was that it was the UPS terminal at the airport, but it was later confirmed to be a building that was being built for asylum seekers right near the airport. No-one was hurt, thankfully, but I have to admit that my first thought was "hmmm, a building for asylum seekers", and then the next thought was simply "I'm glad I won't be sitting in that traffic"! Still, it wouldn't be the first time a building being either built or renovated has gone up in smoke in Geneva! It made me laugh though when I read in the Geneva news that "traffic was only slightly affected"! You've gotta hand it to the Swiss!







Tomorrow I have a cookery class at the excellent vegan restaurant near here. Their food really is very good and I'm intrigued to see what we will be cooking. Will let you know in my next post!

And, you wouldn't believe it but something that must have been the size of a flying cow has just left me a "gift" on my brand new velux in the TV room. There's just no respect sometimes is there!


8 comments:

  1. I'm up at 0530, or there abouts, every morning. Sometimes the dogs will let me sleep in, but mostly they are telling me their little bladders are full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get up at 6 a.m. when I was working but since I never went to bed much before 1 a.m. it was a struggle. At least now I can sleep in till around 8 a.m. Never was an early bird though!

      Delete
  2. My body has me awake at 5:30, but I keep falling asleep earlier and earlier. I didn't hear about ban explosion but I suppose there's so much chaos here no coverage of Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wake up around 6 too but I go back to sleep. However I KNOW if I go to bed before around 11.30 I will be awake and done by 3 so I never go to bed early. I'm just trying to turn the lights off by midnight now! As for Geneva (I used to live about 3 km from the airport) I'm just glad no-one was hurt!

      Delete
  3. That is definitely early to be getting up. At least for me. Middle of the night. Do they know who was responsible for the explosion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more comfortable with 7-8 a.m. obviously as I go to bed so late but needs must! As for the explosion, that kind of think is usually linked to the reconstruction work - acetylene torch for example. I guess we'll find out soon!

      Delete
  4. Spending time with Charlie must be great but, having to get up so early can't be fun. Lately, I have been getting up at 8 for the PT so, I get sleepy by 10 p.m. I hope, I can keep this cycle. So much better than going to bed at 3 p.m. and getting up by noon. That thing the size of a flying cow must be migrating. It has dropped a gift on top of my car too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying at the moment for bed by midnight and up by 8 and it works better for me than staying up until 1 or 2 a.m. I'm pretty sure the 5 a.m. stint won't happen too often though (fingers crossed). And yeah, damn those flying cows right?

      Delete