The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Monday 25 February 2019

Unbelievable!

I guess my nephew is looking to get his dad's place listed for sale as he just sent me a link on RightMove showing a house for sale and asking if this was gran's place in Betws. Yep, that's Bod Hyfryd, my gran's old place. It is an 8-bedroomed house with separate cabin accommodation at the back. They are asking £400,000 for it, which doesn't seem a lot to me but then I know I haven't lived in the UK for years and you really do have to compare apples to apples.

I reckon that there would be a steady income stream from it with the walkers in North Wales, even in winter, and with Betws being located inside Snowdonia National Park. It was lovely looking at what has been done to the house over the years - not at all how I remember it of course. But I'll be curious to see if it goes.

Bod Hyfryd
Something that also caught my eye this morning though is a short article on how a drain in Ipswich was found to be blocked after someone flushed leftover Yorkshire puddings down the toilet! Unbelievable! Not the fact that some idiot did that (that's gross enough) but the fact that there would actually be leftover Yorkshire puddings! There certainly wouldn't in my house!


Yorkshire puddings - a national treasure!


6 comments:

  1. OMG, what is wrong with people. Perhaps they weren't well done, so they did it in secret in the bathroom? Way worse are people who flush tampons, pads and the wipes down :/ - those stories are always so so gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can be pretty disgusting can't they! But Yorkshire pudding?????

      Delete
  2. That house looks beautiful. I've never had Yorkshire Pudding, it must be rugged fare if it's sturdy enough to clog a drain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's the British equivalent of "pasta" - something to fill you up. We always had it with Sunday roast and swamped in gravy but some people have it separately from the main course. The thing of dreams! My kids LOVE it and they have never lived in the UK. And yep gran's place was lovely (even if the back garden was vertical)!

      Delete
  3. The home is beautiful!
    I have attempted to make Yorkshire pudding a couple of times. It probably should have been flushed but we ate it anyway. Now that I no longer do a Christmas goose, I feel no need to try to make Yorkshire pudding ever again. I will order it the next time we are in England instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rubbish too. I always used to put too much fat in and since you have to have the oven very hot it usually ended up being "shall we call the fire brigade now or give up"? I guess the problem for me was keeping the rest hot while the yp was cooking in the "bowels of hell". I'll keep trying though!

      Delete