The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Thursday 17 May 2018

It could be a strange wedding!

As I mentioned the other day, Jordan and Jen announced that they are now engaged and are planning to get married in July 2019. Jordan and his brother, AndrĂ©, have very different characters and styles so while AndrĂ© and Lily's wedding was indeed beautiful, Jordan and Jen will be wanting something different. At the restaurant the other night Jen was saying that they wanted a "dandy-like" theme. I didn't hear her properly and thought she said a "Ghandi-like" theme - I have to admit I was a bit shocked!  Can you imagine me showing up something like this:

Ghandi
Anyway, Jen started laughing and said "no, dandy!" Actually I can see that quite suiting Jordan. He has very long hair which he ties back in a "man bun" for work and when he is all dolled out in braces (suspenders in the US) and a dickie bow I think he looks rather good. I'll be intrigued to see what he will actually look like on the day!

"Dandy"
Anyway, this morning I bumped into K on the bus going into work and was telling her about the engagement and the theme they were hoping for for the wedding. Trouble is, K understood me to say "candy"! Lordy, lordy, with this severe case of Chinese whispers the potential for screwing up is pretty high don't you think!

On a slightly different note, as I have mentioned before I am an avid reader and since I have at least a 90 minute daily bus commute I do get a lot of reading done. A colleague just lent me Jodi Picoult's book "Small Great Things" and I loved it! It is a book about racism and loosely based on a true incident in Michigan some time ago. Again, I just loved it! I like Jodi Picoult anyway, although she is the kind of writer I cannot read one book after another continuously. But she builds such wonderful suspense into her writing and has written what I think is a a very soul-searching story about the iniquities of racism. I plan to buy it in French for my neighbour as she also loved the last Jodi Picoult book I got for her. Isn't it great when you find a writer whose work you adore!



8 comments:

  1. the wedding theme "misunderstandings" gave me a much need chuckle this morning :) Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I heard "Ghandi" I thought what the ......!

      Delete
  2. Better than randy theme :) Just saying lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you understand "randy" the same way we Brits understand it then, yep, anything has to be better than "randy"!

      Delete
  3. Son2 is getting married in the fall and his intended wanted to have their wedding at the zoo. I was excited and asked if I could dress like Rafiki (character in The Lion King) They both loved the idea but unfortunately the venue is no available that day. They are looking at a barn now. Perhaps I can be Old McDonald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NEVER heard of getting married in a zoo before. How original. I mean, could you have a monkey as a ring bearer - the possibilities are endless! Since we're not religious I like the idea of a wedding being "fun" rather than "solemn". I'm sure it will be!

      Delete
  4. I could really go for a "brandy" theme lol! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete