The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Friday 22 January 2016

Weigh in

Well Wednesday was my second day at Fat Fighters and my first weigh-in.  I have to admit I wasn't too optimistic as although I had followed the programme pretty well I didn't feel as though I had lost any weight.  On top of that I tend to yo-yo with my weight quite substantially, which I put down to hormones/fluid retention for the most part.  I mean, I can go up or down 2-3 lbs in a couple of days, so I guess the moral of that story is "do as the nice lady said and don't weigh yourself every day"! Gotta get out of that habit.  So all-in-all I wasn't too optimistic, and when I got on the scales I read a loss of about 200g. Beeerrrrk!  As you can imagine I was therefore delighted when she said 1kg 200g!  I had misread my starting weight so had actually lost a decent amount (just over 2.6 lb). Wow. I am a now officially a happy bunny.

I know it's quite normal to lose a fair amount the first week and then have the weight loss taper off afterwards but in any case I was pretty pleased with my first results.  And the programme was actually quite easy to follow since I am only cooking for myself at home and can make (or not make) whatever I feel like. In fact, the WW recipe for chicken with pak choi was pretty nice, so I will definitely make that again.

Wearing my pedometre also brought home to me just how sedentary I am.  Even with hopping off the bus on the Mont Blanc bridge and walking along the lake for the half hour it takes to get to work, I am still not achieving 10,000 steps a day.  More like 7,000 if I leg it to work or walk into town at lunch time and obviously less when I don't.  Hopefully, with the weather again scheduled to be good next week I can get more exercise in. I did actually walk two days and go to the gym two days last week (and of course I always feel wonderful afterwards - all "bendy" and relaxed).  It makes you wonder why on earth you just don't keep going right?  Anyway, we will see what next week brings.  I am fully expecting a lower weight loss but if I can just keep it going, by summer I reckon I will be doing pretty well.  And you know what, the ladies at Fat Fighters are actually proof that the programme really does work if you follow it. Who wudda thunk!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!!!! Anything lost is a WIN! I'm still trying but I think I like to retain water, or maybe I retain fat. Probably both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but you've already lost 11 lb so well done you. I got a bit off track this weekend so we'll see Wednesday I guess. Fingers crossed. A

    ReplyDelete